Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sign Your Name

With the advent of change relating to copyrighting of images published online (and not for the better) we really need to make sure our work is protected. If you are UK based and have not heard about these changes yet please read this article.

There are steps you can take to prevent theft of your images online, but in my opinion none of them are full-proof. That said, digital watermarking does provide some peace of mind. Digimarc (a plugin for Photoshop) have recently upgraded their application and it is definitely worth looking at. I currently use it and find it quick and easy to use, the basic account starts at around $49 per year.



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Jayne said...

No I didn't realise the law was about to change.

I used to use Digimarc years ago. One day I was notified of a photo of mine being used elsewhere, albeit in a minor capacity. I couldn't contact the 'perp' (!) and had no advice or assistance from Digimarc (which was fair enough as it was *not* their job to do so)! However, I figured that if I'd had a notification but had been unable to do anything then why on earth was I paying out that money each month?

It has to be said, I'm taking my photography more seriously nowadays and with this change to the law I think I may well head back to them. So thank you. :)